The new Manufacturing Solutions
New manufacturing solutions have been designed and implemented by enhancing the Odoo standard system with specific proprietary applications, fully integrated each others, to support the following business scenarios:
Make to Order
Make to Stock
Assembly to Order
Supply Chain Management
Shop Floor Control
The OpenValue MRP Shop Floor Control module supports the E2E Manufacturing Execution process from the manufacturing order creation to its closure.
Its main features are:
· workorder scheduling and work center capacity loading
· capacity leveling with mid-point Scheduling
· capacity evaluation
· workorder confirmation and actual dates determination
· production order closure
Shop Floor Control Partial Confirmation
The Shop Floor Control Partial Confirmation enhances the Shop Floor Control solution by supporting the “one piece flow” procedure.
The implemented features are:
· The workorder confirmation can be performed for partial quantities several times
· The WIP quantity is calculated on real time for each workorder based on its partial confirmations.
· A workorder confirmation can be set as the final one for closing the related workorder in case the whole produced quantity is less than the planned one.
· Confirmed quantities and final confirmation indicator are also reported on single confirmation records for future MES system integration also.
Shop Floor Control BoM management
The “Shop Floor Control BoM management” application enhances the Shop Floor Control module by implementing the following features related to Bills of Material management.
· BoM Validity Period for BoM selection in Manufacturing Order
· BoM comparison tool
· Report for BoM single level explosion in html; a pdf printout is available
· Report for BoM multi-level explosion in html; a pdf printout is available
· Technical documents management assigned to BoM
MRP Product Costing
The OpenValue Product Costing module supports the decision-making process in manufacturing execution providing with all necessary manufacturing costing figures.
In detail, we have as follows:
• Manufacturing costing figures calculated in real time in manufacturing order
• Accounting postings for WIP evaluation at workorder confirmation
• Actual direct costs posted in real time at workorder confirmation
• Variance analysis
• Manufacturing order settlement
MRP Planning Engine
The OpenValue “MRP Planning Engine” module provides a full comprehensive tool for managing Material Requirements Planning process in both production management and supply chain management.
The two basic material planning types have been implemented:
• Push logic with backwards scheduling and requirements explosion (where BoM is defined); that’s the classical MRP tool
• Pull logic, that’s Reorder Point procedure with forward scheduling for automatic stock replenishment
The following Demand Management Strategies are supported also:
• MTS: the sales order is not relevant for planning and the demand is reduced at sales goods issue (sales order delivery)
• MTO: no independent demand items can be entered
• Planning production by lots: the sales order and the demand items are planned together; it is important to choose a lot method for grouping the demand; the demand is reduced at sales goods issue (sales order delivery)
• Planning with final assembly: the demand reduction is at sales order confirmation so overplanning is taken into account
• Planning without final assembly: as the “planning with final assembly” for the planning topics; planned orders are created for planning purposes only so they cannot be converted, that means the last stage of production process can be performed with sales order.
MRP Scheduling Engine
It provides a full comprehensive tool for managing workorders scheduling process in finite capacity way.
New schedule dates determination by taking into account finite capacity constraints.
Schedule sequence is assigned to each workorder for sequencing their processing per WorkCentre.
MRP Analytic MTO
The OpenValue MTO solution supports the overall MTO process management from both analytic accounting and logistics perspectives, starting from sales orders to manufacturing orders and purchase orders.
It is fully Integrated with shop floor control and product costing modules
BoM Availability Check
The “MRP Availability Check” tool aims to check the production feasibility of customer requested quantity based the project stock availability at all BoM’s levels.
The “MRO Maintenance” supports maintenance processes management with the following maintenance strategies:
• On condition
• Maintenance Plan
Reporting for supporting follow up activities in purchasing process
MRP MRO Maintenance Integration
The “MRP MRO Integration” module aims to integrate the MRO Maintenance features in the OpenValue Manufacturing Solution.
We have as follows:
· Workcenter can be assigned to an Equipment and activating the periodic maintenance as maintenance policy and collect automatically workorder confirmations as meter measures
· Maintenance Requests can be raised from the Workcenter master data
· the maintenance Workcenter status is automatically set based on maintenance orders running
· Maintenance Request can be raised when Manufacturing Order is running also
· It is not possible to confirm a workorder whether the related workcenter is “on maintenance” status
· In case periodic maintenance has been activated at workcenter level, workorder confirmation creates automatically a meter measure
… and many others … please do not hesitate to contact us